The Wide Mouthed Frog
Now operated by Cathryn Jones, The Wide Mouthed Frog known affectionately as “The Frog” is the meeting place for many wishing to have either a pre-cruise or end of cruise calibration. The Frog has a reputation for innovative and creative cuisine by using the very best of local Scottish produce, including Beef, Lamb and Seafood with Vegetarian Options to suit all. Orders for food throughout the season are taken up to 2200hrs which is a benefit if arriving later than expected.
The Bar is open until late offering a comprehensive range of draught beers, cider, and lager, including local real ale served from a beer engine. Also fine wines and champagne for celebrating and for the adventurous cocktails are shaken or stirred. To finish off your evening they have an excellent selection of liqueurs, brandy and malt whiskies.
All rooms are finished to a three star standards, some having views of the Marina and Castle, all are en-suite and centrally heated for your comfort, even on the coldest of winter days “The Frog” is the ideal venue for a week or long week-end break at any time of year!
In the winter months the restaurants wood burning stove is lit daily adding to the ambience of this relaxed and friendly hostelry.
The Frog is an increasingly well known destination for year round fixtures such as:-
- Corporate entertainment and events, arriving by Road, Sea, and Rail to Oban railway station with a short taxi journey here.
- Happy and memorable private parties for anniversaries, birthday or Christmas celebrations, you name it we can do it!
- We can help arrange your wedding; we hold a license that enables wedding and civil ceremonies to be performed at The Frog if you wish.
- Special off-season prices for large groups of divers, fishermen and others wishing to stay for weekends, or longer.
- Large sailing events can be accommodated in conjunction with the marina and grounds; this can include a marquee if required, for dinghy sailors tents can be accommodated for a fee.
For 360 degree panoramic images of the bedrooms and bar at the Wide Mouthed Frog please click here